Terms & Conditions
1. All goods sold by the company are subject to these conditions.
2. Quotations and prices
All quotations of prices (whether system generated, written or oral) are subject to withdrawal or amendment by the company at any time prior to receipt by the company or any acceptance and thereafter are subject to correction of errors at any time.
Worldwidecateringsupplies.com is a trade only website and as such can be used by members only. Any hotel, restaurant, catering company or government organization can become a member subject to registration on line. Upon approval, a user number will be issued which will be unique to that organization and will be used for all invoicing and shipment. The unique user number can be used by several members of the organization as long as each person has been registered under this unique user number.
All orders done on the website are provisional orders, until such time that we have added shipping cost and insurance, which are subject to the client’s acceptance. The order will become a confirmed order when we receive payment of the confirmation invoice representing 25% of the cost of the goods, shipping and insurance. When the goods are ready for shipping, the final invoice will be dispatched, together with a Caricom invoice and a copy of the bill of Lading, this final invoice needs to be paid before the goods will be released to you by the local agent.
Prices quoted on the website and exchange rates are only valid for 14 days, on each confirmation we will state explicitly the date until which we guarantee any prices.
ALL LOCAL CHARGES, to include but not limited to, port charges, any import duties, Vat or any other local taxes, environmental charges, bunker charges by shipping line, any port handling charges, transportation from the port to the client are all payable by the client themselves.
All descriptions, dimensions weights and specifications submitted by the company are deemed to be approximate only, as are the details given in any company catalogue, websites, price lists and advertising, and do not form part of the contract. The company reserves the right to modify or vary the design, specification, or finish any of our prices without notice.
(a) Payments for goods shall be made by Visa, MasterCard, Amex (extra cost of 2% of amount due) or through PayPal. Credit terms are available, if they are guaranteed by an irrevocable letter of credit or by a major credit card, in which event, payment for goods supplied under the contract shall be within 30 days of the final invoice date, unless a different arrangement has been agreed and printed on the face of the invoice.
(b) If payment of the price or any part thereof is not made by the due date the company shall be entitled without prior notice and without affecting other rights hereunder:
- To charge interest at 7.5% per annum above the US$ base lending rate (LIBOR) on the amount outstanding from when payment becomes due until the date of payment.
- To cancel or suspend delivery of any goods ordered by the customer which has not been delivered without incurring any liability to the customer.
- To recover from the buyer on full identity basis together with interest thereon all costs incurred by it in obtaining payment including solicitor fees and costs associated with so doing.
(c)The customer shall have no right set-off in respect of any claim it may make against the company.
(d) The time for performance of the customer’s obligations (whether as to payment or otherwise) shall be of the essence so that failure to perform shall entitle the company to treat the contract as repudiated by the customer and if invoices remain outstanding following the agreed credit terms than all invoices then in existence, whether due for payment, will immediately become due and payable.
(e) The company shall have the right to set-off against any sums due by the company or any of its associated companies to the customer.
The company will endeavor to arrange shipment of the goods without delay and comply to reasonable delivery instructions, but any specified time of delivery shall not be of the essence of the contract and the company shall not be liable for late delivery howsoever caused, nor shall such failure to deliver be deemed to be a breach of contract.
- All shipments will have a maritime insurance, to cover any accidents on sea
- If the buyer fails to take delivery of the goods, the company shall be entitled to invoice for the goods as though they have been duly delivered. The company may arrange storage of the goods until the actual delivery date and charge the buyer for the reasonable cost of storage,
- It is the client responsibility to clear all goods through the port and customs and pay all associated cost with it.
- The company cannot be held liable for any strikes, acts of god, mechanical breakdowns etc. which would delay any shipments
- It is the buyer’s responsibility to inspect the goods at time of delivery. The company accepts no responsibility for alleged non-delivery, shortfall of goods, damage on delivery or other discrepancy unless notification in writing is received within 24 hours from the date of delivery. In the absence of such notification the buyer shall be deemed to have accepted the goods.
5. Title of goods
- 1. Notwithstanding delivery and the passing of risk property in all the goods delivered by the company to the customer; the title of the goods should remain vested in the in the company until unconditional payment in full is received and cleared through the company’s bank account not only for the goods but also for goods and/or services comprised in any other contracts between the company and the customer which have been delivered and / or preformed but remain unpaid.
- Until payment due from the customer under all the contracts between the customer and the company has been received in full.
- The customer shall hold upon trust for the company for goods.
- The customer shall at all times keep the goods compressively insured against normal perils and damage.
- The customer shall subrogate to the company any rights it may or will have in respect of insurance monies recoverable for the goods.
- The customer shall hold the goods as bailee in fiduciary capacity for the company and shall be the responsibility of the customer to keep the goods in good condition at its own expense.
- The goods shall be held separately from any other assets and be identified as the property of the company and...
- The customer shall permit any officer, employee, representative or agent of the company to enter with or without vehicles onto the customer’s premises or other site where the goods are located and to repossess the goods.
6. Cancellation by the company
If the customer shall fail to make any payment when due or enters into any arrangement with its creditors, or if being an incorporated company, shall have a receiver appointed or shall pass a resolution for winding up or a court shall make and order to that effect, or if being an unincorporated company, shall have a receiving order made against it , or if there shall be any breach by the customer of any of the terms and conditions herein ( or, in the case of special print orders, of any of the special print orders terms and conditions) the company may defer or cancel any further deliveries and treat the contract as determined without prejudice to its right to the unpaid purchase price of the goods delivered and to damages for any loss suffered in consequence thereof and to any interest outstanding. The company reserves the right to cancel or reduce any order in event of being unable, for any reason, to execute either the whole or part thereof.
7. Claims arising from damage or partial loss in transit must reach the company within 24 hours from the date of delivery. Claims for non-delivery must reach the company within 24 hours from the date of dispatch. All other claims must reach the company within 24 hours from deliver. Damaged goods must be retained for inspection/collection. All claims to the company must be simultaneously send to the insurance company which has been used for your shipment. Any breach of this clause will immediately invalidate any claim the client has against the company.
- The buyer shall be responsible to the company for enduring the accuracy of any order.
- No confirmed Order which has been accepted by the company and for which the deposit has been paid, may be cancelled except on the conditions that the buyer shall indemnify the company against all loss (including loss of profit), costs (including the cost of all material and labor used) damages, charges and expenses incurred by the company as a result of cancellation. The paid deposit can be used by the company to offset any of the above expenses.
- Goods dispatched to the buyer subsequently accepted for cancellation by the company will be subject to an abortive delivery charge, as well as any cancellation charge deemed necessary by the company.
- The company at it absolute discretion may agree to the return of the goods by the buyer provided that the goods are returned at the buyer’s expense, in the same condition and original packaging as of the date of dispatch by the company or their agents.
- Any goods agreed by the customer as acceptable for return for any reason (Excluding faulty goods) will be subject to restocking charge of 25% of the net invoiced price together with reimbursement of any expense incurred by the company as a consequence of the return of said goods to the company’s stock.
- Please allow up to 21 Days for the refund to be fully processed and money reimbursed to your bank account.
- Customers are liable for the cost of carriage incurred in returning the product(s) to Worldwide Catering Supplies.
To request a return of any item be it faulty, unwanted or incorrect you must request an RAN Number (Returns Authorisation Number). This can be done by contacting us directly via email or phone.
All goods, unless stated (on invoice) are parts only warranty.
In respect of the goods which are provided to the reasonable satisfaction of the company to be damaged of defective due to the defects in material of workman hip, the company will, free of charge, within a period of 12 months from the date of resale of such goods by the buyer, either (at the company’s option):
- repair such goods or
- replace such goods on return or
- Refund the purchase price of the goods on return.
The obligation stated in the paragraph will not apply where:
- The goods have been improperly altered in any way whatsoever, or have been subject to misuse or unauthorized repair;
- The goods have been improperly installed or connected
- Any maintenance requirements relating to the goods have not been complied with.
Any goods that have been replaced will belong to the company. Any required or replacement goods will be liable to repair, replacement or refund under the terms specified in paragraph 2 of the warranty section for the unexpired portion of the 12-month period () from the original date of resale of the repaired or replaced goods.
Subject to the unfair contract terms act 1997, and the requirement of reasonableness therein in the event of any claim made against the company may in respect of any matter whatsoever, the liability (if any) of the company shall be limited to the replacement of the goods sold by the company in respect of when the liability (if any) arises only, and under no circumstances shall the company be liable to the customer or any other party for any consequential loss or damage whatsoever.
12. Force Majeure
Every effort will be made to carry out the contract but its due to performance is subject to cancellation by the company and to such variations at the company may find necessary as a result of inability to secure labor, materials or supplies as an act of god, war, strike, lockout, other labor dispute, fire, flood, drought, legislation or other cause (whether of the forgoing class or not) beyond the companies control. The companies control. The company shall be under no liability for failures, variations and delays attribute to causes beyond its control.
13. Entire Agreement
The contract contains all the terms which the company and the buyer have agreed in relation to the goods and supersedes any prior written or oral agreements, representations or understanding between these parties relating to such goods. The buyer acknowledges that it is not relied on any statement, promise or representation made or given by or on behalf of the company which is not set out in this contract.
14. Other conditions of sale
By ordering any goods from the company, the customer will be deemed to have accepted that these conditions contained or in any letter, acceptance form, receipt or the like received by the customer in connection with the goods so ordered and that any such other conditions will not form part of the contract between the company and the customer for the sale of such goods. For the avoidance if doubt, in the case of products specifically stocked at the request of the customer, any additional terms do not apply in addition to these conditions do not form part of the contract for the sale of such goods between the company and the customer.
16. Proper law
These conditions and all quotations, offer and acceptances shall be governed by and constructed according to English law.